Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, finding healthy weight loss breakfast smoothies is worth the hassle. Getting the right nutrients early in the day sets you off to a healthy and productive mid-morning and the rest of the day. A healthy smoothie recipe is one of the best ways to have a natural breakfast.
So if you’re looking for a healthy breakfast food to wake up to every morning, try out these healthy breakfast smoothie recipes.
The Key Components of a Healthy Smoothie
When you get ready to blend up a healthy smoothie, you have three questions to answer:
- What fruits are you going to put in your smoothie?
- What type of liquid are you going to use for your smoothies base?
- What sort of extras are you going to add into your smoothie?
Let’s look at possibilities contained within each of these three areas.
The Best Fruits for Healthy Smoothies
Within the domain of fresh fruit, here are the classics that have proven themselves in smoothie duty time and again:
- Banana (the kind of smoothie fruits)
- Berries (anything goes here strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, etc.)
- Apples and Pears
- Peaches and Nectarines
- Tropical Fruit like Pineapple, Jackfruit, Mangoes, Durian and Mamey Sapote
The Best Liquids to Use in Your Healthy Smoothies
The sky’s the limit here. Don’t be afraid of actually experimenting with the type of liquid you use as a base for your smoothies.
- Fresh Juice (orange juice, carrot juice, apple juice, mango juice, etc.)
- Coconut Water (either with the flesh from a young Thai coconut or out of a can)
- Water (for a very mellow, much less sweet smoothie experience)
- Nut Milk (store-bought or homemade, of which almond milk is probably my favorite)
The Best Extras You Can Add to Your Healthy Smoothies
This is where things get crazy. There are infinite flavor combinations you can add to your smoothies. Consider all the healthy, nutrient-rich foods you love. Could they potentially make a great smoothie add-in?
Here are the primary categories from which you can add ingredients to your healthy smoothies:
- Greens (spinach makes a fantastic smoothie addition, and you can experiment with virtually any green. Tread lightly, though! Greens can overpower a smoothie real quick!)
- Raw Nuts (I almost always toss raw cashews into my smoothies. Hemp seeds are fantastic as well. Just make sure your nuts aren’t salted, or things can get a little weird.)
- Oils (favorites include flax seed oil, hemp seed oil and any oil that doesn’t have a particularly strong flavor but is still high in delicious, healthy fats)
- Nutritional Supplements (I love Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer or spiraling spirulina)
- Nut Butters (my favorite is raw almond butter, but peanut butter can work fantastically as can most other nut butter)
- Raw Cacao Beans (or raw chocolate in any form)
- Exotic Superfoods (like maca, goji berries or acai powder).
Top 6 weight loss breakfast smoothies to start your day
Strawberry And Yogurt
Not only is this recipe one of the easiest to blend but also one of the healthiest smoothies you can make. Strawberries are nutrition-packed fruits with an abundance of Vitamin C: just one cup of these juicy berries contains 150 percent of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C.
Also, strawberries are rich in fiber as well as the trace mineral manganese. They also contain good amounts of potassium and folate. So whip up a creamy glass of strawberries and yogurt to start your day with a delicious dose of disease-fighting nutrients. (1)
Secret Ingredient Mango Smoothie
This is another extremely healthy and tasty smoothie that helps you get fresh fruits into your daily diet. The secret ingredient is avocado, which contains a lot of fiber in addition to healthy fats.
Only add some pieces of sliced mango into your blender along with avocado, honey, milk, lime juice, sorbet, and some ice.
Blend the ingredients at a relatively high speed until smooth and creamy and serve in a tall glass.
What better way to give your brain a boost in the morning than getting up to a freshly blended glass of beets and raspberry. Beets have high amounts of vitamins (A, B, and C), folic acid, beta-carotene, and beta-cyanine, among other nutrients and minerals.
To make this recipe, use approximately 150g of previously cooked beets, 60g of frozen raspberries, some cranberry juice, and yogurt. Blend ingredients at high speed and serve when thick and creamy.
Contrary to popular belief, a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable. However, the most important thing about plants is their nutrient content.
A medium-sized tomato contains high amounts of vitamin C (40 percent of the recommended daily value), as well as large quantities of vitamin A (20 percent of daily value), and other essential nutrients.
So get up to a healthy start of your day with a glass of tomato smoothie comprising low-fat yogurt, dried basil, and ice.
Flaxseeds are loaded with cancer-fighting lignans as well as an abundance of fiber. Lignans have been shown to impede the growth of breast cancer in women. Flaxseeds are also rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids as well as magnesium that helps to control blood sugar. (2)
Like many citrus fruits and other yellow fruits, mangoes are rich sources of beta-carotene. Also, the high fiber content of mango will help keep you full for the entire morning and keep you off unhealthy snacks.(3)
Just blend a few slices of ripe mango with a cup of low-fat yogurt, skim milk, honey, and some cardamom seeds.
5 health benefits of breakfast smoothies
- Benefit 1:
They help you stay hydrated. Common sense will show you which the milk and yogurt contained in a smoothie have significant items in water, so you won’t need to bother about not getting adequate hydration.
- Benefit 2:
Its content has vitamins, oils, and fat which might be required for your present well-being. Yes, I listed “fat” on the last sentence, mainly because it’s necessary for your system with the assimilation of other vitamins and carries out other bodily functions.
Moreover, fat is changed into energy, which does are perfect for those elaborations of burning more fat (ironic isn’t it?).
- Benefit 3:
Milk content. By deciding to go cultured milk, your smoothie becomes a fantastic way to obtain probiotics. Also, we all know that milk is usually a well-noted for its calcium composition – prefer that you reach 33% of your daily calcium needs is usually to drink 8ozs.
- Benefit 4:
It can serve as a breakfast alternative – it offers a superior the required nutritional values you’ll need each day. There’s protein in most variations also, which helps provide you that extra boost that’ll enable you to get through the day.
Building a beverage in this way will have a little bit of your energy, the industry good thing whenever you’re running late for school or work.
- Benefit 5:
Guide you cut excess pounds. Accomplished by drinking it in between meals, or when you start feeling lured to eat processed foods. Getting filled up with this whole concoction can be a bunch much better than putting more garbage into your system.
Finally, they feature you while using the energy necessary for a long and much more efficient workout, as I’ve mentioned before. So if you’re looking for some recipes for weight loss breakfast smoothies to start your day with, try these suggestions.