Papaya, a pear-shaped fruit which is available throughout the year. This fruit is usually 7” long with about 500 grams in weight with the flesh inside being orange in color with a small shade of yellow or pink. So today we are here to learn about the healthy benefits of papaya for skin and hair.
Top Healthy Benefits Of Papaya for Skin
Papaya is rich in many strong components which are best for skin and hair care as it promises to provide you with healthy and gorgeous skin.
1. It’s a good source of Papain, and Vitamin A. Papaya helps in removing dead cells along with breaking down the dormant proteins.
2. The best attribute of papaya is its ‘Low Sodium Quantity,’ resulting in minimal water retention. In simple words, it keeps your skin hydrated.
3. Papaya contains more Carotene than any other fruits.
4. The application of raw papaya paste on the face for 20 minutes helps reduce pimples and other blemishes on the face.
5. Direct implementation and consumption will help you achieve supple, smooth and soft skin.
6. Regular application and use of papaya also provide a long lasting shine to the skin.
7. The mashed ripe papaya can be used for treating the cracked and sore heels.
8. Papaya acts as a natural exfoliator.
9. Regular application of papaya helps in skin discoloration.
10. The peel of papaya can also be used for whitening the legs.
11. Use of raw papaya helps you treating the ringworm. You need to rub slices of raw papaya on the affected areas and notice reduced inflammation.
12. Papaya helps the skin by reducing signs of aging on the face and body.
How to Use Papaya for Skin?
• Rub the papaya peel on the face. Let it stay for 10 minutes and then wash it away with cold water. Use it regularly for visible results. Do not apply it for a prolonged time as it may cause irritation and dryness to the sensitive skin.
• Papaya is used for treating the dark spots on the face. Apply mashed and uneaten papaya with or without milk on your face and body. This helps in removing the dark spots and evens out the skin tone resulting in a fairer and glowing skin.
• Apply mashed papaya with honey on your face for hydrated skin.
• Papaya is useful for treating dry skin. Mash a small piece of papaya and mix it with 1 tbsp of cream and apply on face for 25 minutes.
• An easy method for moisturizing the skin is by using papaya. Take a ripe papaya and blend it into a fine paste. Apply this recipe on your face for 20 minutes.
• For skin tightening, you can apply mashed papaya with rice flour and honey for 20 minutes, 3-4 times a week.
• Papaya is suitable for use as a body scrub. Papaya scrub can be made by blending raw papaya with olive oil, honey and salt spa.
• For recovering from skin tans and improving the complexion, make a paste of ripe, pulpy papaya. Add yogurt, actually egg white, honey and lemon juice to make a thick paste which can be applied on the face. Apply this mask on your face and leave it dries. Wash off with lukewarm water
Let’s now proceed to the papaya benefits on hair.
Papaya Hair Care Benefits
Apart from amazing skin care benefits, papaya is also used to treat hair. According to health experts, the benefits of papaya can be gained by consuming the fruit regularly and by the regular use of papaya based hair care products.
Papaya can help in creating the hair volume by nurturing the hair shaft. Check out papaya benefits for hair:
1. Papaya is rich in nutrients, that prevents balding, by boosting hair growth and increasing the strength.
2. Papaya is used for controlling dandruff.
3. Include papaya in your daily diet to reduce hair thinning.
4. Papaya is rich in enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. It helps in removing the oil and dirt from the hair in a safe way.
5. Papaya leaf juice can be used as a hair conditioner. It adds shine to lifeless, dull hair.
6. Use of papaya hair mask to get high, thick, shiny and beautiful hair.
How to use Papaya for Hair?
• Papaya hair mask will help you add shine, thickness, and strength to your hair. Mix 1 cup ripe papaya, 1 cup ripe banana, 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 cup yogurt. Blend all ingredients together to make a paste.
Apply to wet hair and cover with a shower cap. Allow it to rest for 30 minutes. Wrap a bath towel around your cap to produce heat. Again leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off.
Papaya is a fruit of the angels since it protects every possible body part. It gives us positive visible results without any side effects.